As well as the four core modules, we have now included the Proficiency in Security Awareness module as part of our course, at no additional cost to you. Although it is not an essential requirement of the course, as of 1st January 2014 all seafarers must receive approved security awareness training.
The STCW Basic Safety Training course includes
- Personal Survival Techniques (A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (A-VI/6-1)
Examination and assessment
Continual practical assessment with theory based examinations.
Crowd Management STCW code Section (A-V/2 & A-V/3) course bolt-on
Crowd management training is required for all personnel designated to assist passengers in an emergency, commonly includes cruise ships.
Some of the course elements include:
- Understand life-saving appliances and control plans onboard
- Demonstrate the ability to assist passengers en route to muster and embarkation stations
- Understand mustering procedures
Those interested in this course should also speak to a course advisor at the time of booking.
- STCW Basic Safety Training Certificate (STCW Code A-VI/1)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW code Reg A-VI/6-1)